• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help lens for bird project (1 Viewer)

kerstindesign

Kerstindesign
Hi
I am new to this forum and to forums in general so may need a bit of time to workout how to navigate around it.
I wanted to introduce myself and explain why I’m on here.

I am doing a project in the Farne Islands for a week in April where I want to photograph and draw razorbills and puffins. This is part of a narrative Project where I will research everything I can about the birds, migration, mating, nesting, behaviour and the environment. Eventually I will design art pieces and jewellery in my workshop that will be integrated into a public space so that it can engage people in the ‘story’.

I am hoping that people in the birdforum community might be able to guide me on a few elements of my project; I own a canon 600d camera but I only have a macro lens. I am thinking if I am going to take photos of birds I will need another lens that will be able to catch them at a distance. I am hoping someone can recommend something not too expensive that would take some reasonable shots. Also any other tips regarding photographing birds in general. For instance I know some of the birds start arriving in the farne islands in April but I don’t know how close I’ll be able to get to them and if I will be close enough to take photos. Should I take other gear like a tripod? I have very little experience with wildlife photography so all tips would be welcome.
Many thanks for any insights

Hi there and a warm welcome to you :t:

Here is the link to the Canon sub-forum where you can copy and paste your post in a new thread in that section.

https://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=292

Make sure you subscribe yourself to the new post so you will be notified when someone posts in your thread ;)

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back