• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler ? (1 Viewer)

Shahrzad

Iran
I have seen him in a Lar Plain which is 35.912343, 51.990337

thank you for your identification.

Attachments

• _I3A2128.jpg
    _I3A2128.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 97
Gut reaction is Marsh Warbler, but I'm not familiar with Iran and always struggling with Acrocephalids... I comment to force me to learn, slowly by slowly...

to me this looks like a fuscus eurasian reed warbler. they're not as red as nominate ones and also have the pale primary margins like marsh warbler. but it's really hard to be sure from this pic alone. a sound recording of this obviously singing bird would have solved the ID ;)

to me this looks like a fuscus eurasian reed warbler. they're not as red as nominate ones and also have the pale primary margins like marsh warbler. but it's really hard to be sure from this pic alone. a sound recording of this obviously singing bird would have solved the ID ;)

That is to make identification less easy 8-P

I guess Reed Warbler makes more sense, I'm not sure even if Marsh is in Iran.

Many Thanks Dear Lou,

The other pics

Attachments

• _I3A2136.jpg
    _I3A2136.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 36
  • _I3A2135.jpg
    _I3A2135.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 29
That is to make identification less easy 8-P

I guess Reed Warbler makes more sense, I'm not sure even if Marsh is in Iran.

Both appear to breed in this part of Iran Valery. I wouldn't like to make a call either way based on this image but, wouldn't the habitat favour Marsh? Sound advice from Lou, a recording would confirm ID.

Grahame

Both appear to breed in this part of Iran Valery. I wouldn't like to make a call either way based on this image but, wouldn't the habitat favour Marsh? Sound advice from Lou, a recording would confirm ID.

Grahame

Thank you so much dear Grahame ,

Unfortunately there is no sound for more id.

Grahame

I admit habitat has, at least unconsciously, influenced my gut feeling...

There is no difference of PP ? It seems the length is similar to our Marsh Warblers in Europe and Africa.

Thank you so much dear Grahame ,

Unfortunately there is no sound for more id.

Superb photos showing habitat and dare I add, behaviour more favouring Marsh ( singing in such an exposed position). You must have been pretty close, what was the song like to your ears?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back