• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Illustrations by Me! (1 Viewer)

Hey everybody! I'm 28 years old, and recently lost my horrific job as a waiter at a disgusting restaurant that shall not be named! My guests and co-workers encouraged me to pursue art as my my profession, and I recently (within the past month) embarked on my first steps in this journey.

Please check out my art on my Etsy page, as well as on Facebook (search for Michael Kensinger (artist) in Altoona, Pennsylvania), or follow me on Twitter @MKenZINGer.

Please let me know what you guys think. Words of encouragement are welcome, as these are trying times and I have faith that I will be a household name for bird and wildlife art collectors someday. :)

All my best,

Michael

Northern Cardinals and Eastern Blue Jays are very common here in Pennsylvania. They are however, instantly recognizable in most cases, so I did a watercolor of a pair of cardinals, and a blue jay in rural Pennsylvania. Hope you all like!

:king:

Attachments

• RedWhiteBlueSetUp.jpg
    RedWhiteBlueSetUp.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 124
Thank you so much Annabeth! Your kind words mean a lot.

Attached here is my entry to the Delaware State Duck Stamp Contest. I didn't win, but I was glad to have entered. This is a watercolor of Green Winged Teal (American race of the "Common Teal"). I did basic watercolor washes, and then sketched in details with waterproof india ink.

And, if you're wondering why there's no signature, it's because I hand-sign all my prints upon purchase.

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum! You live quite near to my hometown - Bloomsburg. Went to school in central PA and moved out here to the Pacific NW in 1979. I miss the cardinals and blue jays out here...we have no equivalent to the cardinals, and our 'blue jays' are Steller's Jays (and increasingly Western Scrub-Jays). Nice pieces here - good luck with your work!

Hi Michael,

Your artwork is quite nice. I think you made the right decision to leave your crappy restaurant job and pursue becoming an artist. I think of all the work on your site the one of the chipmunk and the daffodils is my favorite.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back