• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski ATX95 Owners (1 Viewer)

Does anyone using this ATX95 own the Swarovski Tripod and Fluid Head sold as a package deal? I already have several nice Gitzo Carbon Tripods but wondering if its worth it to pick one of these up for my new ATX95..?

I wouldn't bother. I've got the Swaro carbon setup and whilst the legs are okay the head isn't that good. I've had to replace the head and now no longer use either. I've gone over to Gitzo which is a good deal better in my opinion.

Alan

Hi,
I have ATX95 (but the focussing ring become a bit harder to move by the ime and I need to send it to Swaro to service it every 18 months)
Yves

I wouldn't bother. I've got the Swaro carbon setup and whilst the legs are okay the head isn't that good. I've had to replace the head and now no longer use either. I've gone over to Gitzo which is a good deal better in my opinion.

Alan
I have also several large CF Gitzo Model # GT5549LS and Novaflex and Arca Swiss Heads, I was just wanting the entire setup to match..

Hi,
I have ATX95 (but the focussing ring become a bit harder to move by the ime and I need to send it to Swaro to service it every 18 months)
Yves

how often have you had to send in to Swarovski so far?

seems odd that it hasn't been fixed the first time round. If it was a lubricant/grease issue, you'd think they'd have picked up on it and changed it.

cheers
Jeelan

Hi Jeelan
Every 18 months to 2 years the cussingring become "hard" to move I mean thar the focussing is not smooth. I can still use it of course
Regard
Yves

Hi brothers.
I have an STX 30-70x95 and i want to sell it with all photography accesories, could you guied me how and where l can sell them.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

I also have the atx 95 but I have the impression that the former ats is sharper
My brothers Kowa 883 gives also better correction on CA
Atx is rather heavy and with BTX will be heavier too

In the theoretical design world a 95 ATX has substantially better resolving power than an 80 ATS. Alas, in the real world of sample variation a cherry ATS might be sharper than a lemon to mediocre ATX.

As For CA, we don't know what glass type is used in the 95 ATX, but it looks like Swarovski chose to usie an ED glass type and/or an objective design that doesn't correct longitudinal CA quite as well as the Fluorite design of the 883/4. So every 883/4 should have lower longitudinal CA than any 95 ATX.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back