• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flash Bird Paintings for All (1 Viewer)

Less than 10"x8" and mostly a 1" brush! Actually I just noticed that the second, darker twig looks like a shadow of the first, oops!

Mike

well you see I've got all these lovely piles of paint left over after my color chart exercises,......so, have been wanting to try this godwit and willet out at the marine preserve in the fog for ages....only have a very blurry photo, but hey it's fog so who can see

Came out a whole lot worse than what my inner vision painted all these months looking at it on my screen saver:eek!:

Attachments

• flash godwit willet_2150.jpg
    flash godwit willet_2150.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 75
I think it's really rather nice. And quite mysterious and ethereal!

In 15 mins you have evoked a misty marsh, and some life therein. Like it a lot!

thanks Phil, just came in from errands and saw it with fresh eyes, not that bad, I guess it's just far away from what I've been imagining for months...but that may be just taking more time with it...... has some possibilities...

There's some wonderful blending effects going on in this misty marsh. Gives a good indication of techniques needed if you bring this on to a larger piece.

Mike

Ok had a bash at this although some of you will know that I don't paint much, tend to be better in black n white, and am lacking practice.

Yes I was in Thailand too earlier this year!

Cheers,
Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_0157_1.jpg
    IMG_0157_1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 57
welcome into Flash World, you did a great job on that bill in 15 min. were you able to give up pre drawing and just use the brush directly? it has a lot of character.

Last edited:
Excellent job! Really nice to simplify everything down to its basic shapes, you have to really, there's not much choice in 15 minutes!

PS. I can't help thinking how good this would look on a mug... in my kitchen:king: :t:

Paint more!

Mike

Ok had a bash at this although some of you will know that I don't paint much, tend to be better in black n white, and am lacking practice.

Yes I was in Thailand too earlier this year!

Cheers,
Andrew

You know Andrew, that last view we had of this bird, sat down with its bill resting on the dried mud had a massive visual impact on me, quite an extraordinary vision, good to see you've had a bash!

Here's my latest offering to this fab idea. 15 min Curlew

Attachments

• 15-min-Curlew-full-web.jpg
    15-min-Curlew-full-web.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 15-min-curlew001-crop-web.jpg
    15-min-curlew001-crop-web.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 74
Thanks:-O I use my iPhone to time me its got a great stop watch and the alarm is LOUD so I can't fudge not hearing it go off!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back