• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

save the coast = set the ocean on fire...? (1 Viewer)

I wonder what you all drive as your day to day commuter? The most fuel efficeint vehicle you could find I am sure...

I look around, even amongst my birding friends and most of them are driving v6 or v8 vehicles. Why? Doesn't make sense to me...

Russ

Good point Russ. It's clear no change will come from the top, the elites are all too heavily invested in and inter-related with oil. It is up to us to minimize our use of energy in any and all possible ways. In my house for instance, I heat with wood and no light is ever left burning in an unoccupied room. Can you imagine the energy savings if every other light burning around the world was turned off? If every road had a bike path? If governments mandated 70 mpg cars? If we moved goods by train? Our cities are lit up like cosmic Christmas trees. It is not needed, and it kills.

This latest info about the sub-surface oil plumes leaves one speechless. I also saw on 60 Minutes tonight an interview with a survivor. Unbelievable, gross negligence in many layers led to this environmental holocaust.

Life in prison for all responsible would be lenient.

Does ANYBODY know what the heck they're doin' on this thing? Five weeks on, and they still don't have an accurate measure of the flow rate!

If they are going to continue with off shore oil production, it's clear a whole new govt. dept. will have to be created to assemble state of the art technology and legions of workers to handle future spills. Charge all concerned companies an annual rate to fund it, then fine the living daylights out of any company responsible for future accidental discharges.

What a monstrous and unforgivable assault on the Earth.

:t:Obama suspended all drilling in the Gulf today and pulled two permits in the Arctic. That took cojones. It will be more than interesting to see where this all goes from here.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back