• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reliable place to see Dippers (1 Viewer)

gc220

Hi Could anyone recommend me a place to see Dippers.

I live in Essex/Greater London area and appreciate that I will have to travel!
And so I would be interested in the closest areas to travel to that I would have a reasonble chance to see (and even better photograph) the little fellows.

Thanks for any help!

The River Derwent around Hathersage in Derbyshire is pretty reliable. You can walk along the banks in many places so have a good chance of getting close to them.

The brooks in the Wyre Forest near Kidderminster, Worcs might be nearer for you.

Steve

Well, they live on the River Ness and you can get within ten to fifteen feet before they fly off...bit of a trek though so better make a bigger holiday and get more Highland species in ;)

Thank you to all of you for your great suggestions.

I think I will try wyre forrest first as it will be the closest as you suggest.

The other options do all sound tempting too. & I will get to scotland one day!

Thank you all again for your time, its much appreciated!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back