• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alan Dalton-Birdart from the Basement (1 Viewer)

I have decided to persist with watercolour for the next few weeks, enjoyng using it again very much...

Here's a few pieces done over the past few days..

Common Gulls done at home on the couch on my lap, the paper taped to a loose piece on panel. I had been watching gulls the previous evening at dusk and this scene was floating around my head.

The other two completed at the studio, both are A3 or a little smaller.....

A few rough comp sketches of the Yellowhammers out back from my apartment at the feeders led to the first..

The second came from a couple of long neglected fieldsketches, which I dug out. Woodlarks are a favourite species of mine and it won't be long before they return here, so though a brace of spring birds would fit the bill nicely..

Attachments

• WC painting common gulls (640x385).jpg
    WC painting common gulls (640x385).jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Watercolour painting Yellowhammers (640x407).jpg
    Watercolour painting Yellowhammers (640x407).jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Watercolour painting Woodlarks (640x425).jpg
    Watercolour painting Woodlarks (640x425).jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 86
great stuff - I have tp say these delicate passerine pieces are truly wonderful. The delicate nature of the birds really comes across with your approach. Keep cracking on the iron's steaming!

Thanks for the comments everyone, Woodlarks seem to have gone down well, but then they are cracking birds...

A quick move back to Acrylic on Canvas, just fancied daubing on some colour. Thought this one might turn into a mare, though it worked itself through quite nicely. Benefited from recent watercolour painting and worked through this piece quickly...

Fieldfares and Blackbird
60cmx40cm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 60
Excellent thrush piece Alan but whilst nipping in to see what delights you have for us I popped up for another look at the hammer piece. It wont help you financially but if id got money it would be up on my wall:t:

Great work, Alan. The norwegian name for the Fieldfare is "Grey Thrush", and it really doesn't describe the bird well. I also loved the Snow Buntings in a previous post. Keep it up!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back