• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrows have made hole in our Eaves. (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

I think I have found our Sparrow hole for their nesting requirements in our eaves. Little monkeys have been doing/done woodwork of their own.

I also believe this 'hole' might have been a creation by the local Starlings. (we have a lot of them in our garden too)
As we all know how sharp their beaks are.
The reason why is because one of the little blighters got stuck down the chimney stack (the protruding wall is the chimney stack) last year. All we could hear was the cheaping that they do so I can only imagine the worst.

We can live with it as the eaves will protect any rain from getting in ther hole. I like my Sparrows too much I am afraid!!

So we will live with it all together. Anyone else had any experiences like this?

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
We had cement slide down our roof from the ridge line yesterday and I see there is a hole underneath...........reckon we'd better get it fixed as soon as possible. Not only sparrows will get in but rain too. It looks like there is more on the verge of coming off.

Not sure if it was caused by birds or not..........they've got a perfectly good barn to use for nesting in the eaves!

TS

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back