• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (1 Viewer)

White wagtail (#386) and ringed kingfisher (#387), both seen at Roy Guerrero Park in Austin, Texas within 60 seconds of each other. One bird at the extreme north of its range and the other well of course from where it belongs, but very cool to see them together. The wagtail has been very cooperative for much of the last month, but I wasn't able to make it down until just last weekend.

Pink-footed Goose at Metsakyla, Hamina, Finland. This individual was quite hard to seperate from about 30 Bean Geese, cos it doesn't had an "frozen" back and it was swimming all the time.

Sinai Rosfinch

I suppose not technically a lifer but I did connect with Basalt Wheatear for the first time in the Uvda valley, Israel on 8th February as my only new bird.

Plenty of other cracking birds on that trip though so pics with which I was pleased of Thick-billed Lark, Sinai Rosefinch, Scrub Warbler & Green Bee-eater.

All the best

Paul

Great photos. A much better photo of Sinai Rosefinch than I got at Little Petra in Jordan.

Suspect it might be my last lifer for a while if all travel is suspended.

1 new bird in Florida (Florida Scrub Jay), 25 in Guyana (including Red Siskin, Sun Parakeet and Crimson Fruitcrow) and 13 in Suriname (the last being Collared Gnatwren). Home just in time before the global shut down.

Ian

A few in the San Francisco Bay Area on my last Conference Birding outing:

1. Rock Wren
  2. Anna's Hummingbird
  3. Allen's Hummingbird
  4. California Thrasher
  5. Lark Sparrow
  6. Sagebrush Sparrow
  7. Tricoloured Blackbird
  8. Brewer's Blackbird
  9. Snow Goose
  10. Ross's Goose
  11. minima Cackling Goose (unexpected and the best of the lot)
  12. Ridgeway's Rail

Not a bad return for one day and hours the next morning. The details, along with pix of 10 of the 12 listed species and some bonus video clips, are here: https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=387268

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
Avocet at Middleton Lakes near Tamworth, Staffordshire, England.

Being bullied by a black-headed gull.

I haven't finished my checklist yet, but I think that could be my 500th species. Depends on how many subspecies I've jotted down...

Attachments

• 49681012286_b7758c55f9_c.jpg
    49681012286_b7758c55f9_c.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 32
Maybe stretching this a bit but I've found a notebook from a 2004 family holiday in Florida so my lifelist will be getting longer as soon as I can get it input!!

Happy days.

Last lifer was a Brown Quail on Maria Island, Tasmania on 16th Nov 2019. However, I didn't see it very well (just flushed it, but must have been this species).
My last properly identified lifer was a Cape barren Goose, also on Maria Island, Tasmania on 13th Nov 2019.

Eastern Subalpine Warbler, from the armchair, yesterday.

John

Hmm... How it's going? Former Sylvia cantillans moltonii is now Curruca subalpina, Moltoni's Warbler? And Sylvia cantillans cantillans is now Curruca cantillans, Eastern Subalpine Warbler? I'm little bit confuse... :brains:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back