• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi and Help! Aussie Birds (1 Viewer)

apwinston

Hello--
Full disclosure: I am not a birder (though I do love birds), but rather, an amateur photographer who recently spent 3 wonderful weeks in Australia, the major part of which was spent in Queensland. I like to know what it is that I am photographing and somehow failed to identify these wonderful creatures after I snapped them. From all the research I've done, I believe that the little guy in front is a plumed whistling duck, but am not sure about all the others. Can someone identify them with certainty. (This photo was taken in the Hastie Swamp).

Many thanks in advance.

Ann

Attachments

• plumed whistling duck and company.jpg
    plumed whistling duck and company.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 59
Hi Ann and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

I moved your thread to the ID forum - I'm sure someone will soon help you out.

D

Indeed they all seem to be the same bird. I would doubt that this species would ever be alone as they are highly sociable from what I've heard.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back