• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (1 Viewer)

Saskatoon Bird Guide

Volunteer Birding Guide for Living Sky Wildlife Re
Birding has been my hobby for over 50 years having started at the age of 6. I have volunteered with the Saskatoon Nature Society and Nature Saskatchewan and the Saskatchewan Breeding Bird Atlas project organized by Birds Canada.

Now that I am recently retired from teaching astronomy at the University of Saskatchewan, I get to spend more time birding. I particularly enjoy showing visitors to Saskatchewan our unique prairie birds.

To this end, I am now volunteering my time to lead birding tours out of Saskatoon for visiting birders on behalf of our local Living Sky Wildlife Rehabilitation charity. Last week, I was thrilled to be able to show visiting naturalists from Calgary over 10% of the Canadian population of Whooping Cranes as they fed in wheat fields near Saskatoon.

I look forward to reading birding reports from other birders on this forum.

Stan Shadick
Saskatoon

Hi Stan and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi Hi Stan and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi ya Stan and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach!

We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like :t:

I would like to post a link description to "Birding Resources" describing a reference bird book that our provincial nature society has recently published. I would also like to post a link description to International Travel about tours offered by a wildlife charity.

How can I do that?
I don't see any New Thread buttons on those pages.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back