• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Location advice for target species (1 Viewer)

Trystan

Hi,

It is looking likely that I will be travelling to Switzerland in June this year, previous plans to do so having not come to fruition.

I am quite flexible on staying location other than that it needs to be reasonable driving time into Liechtenstein for a country tick!

That aside, my main targets would be Rock partridge, Snowfinch, Hazel grouse, Tengmalm's owl and Pygmy owl in that order.

As such, any advise on the best location to stay as a base camp and good sites for these species would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

For owl, I read in the book "Voegelbeobachten in der Schweiz", Obbertoggenburg should be intersting and is near Lichtenstein, where You can store your money.

There should be a lift to Oberdorf. East of them is a area with rather few trees and moor.
This should be good for owls and Tree-toed Woodpecker.
South of this area is a path to lake Voralpsee. Over the mountain Oelberg there is moor and forest landscape. The areas east of Gamser Rugg should have both recommend owls.
This area You will find with google.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back