• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

T.v Crazy Robin (1 Viewer)

mauricek

My winter robin is a bit shy but very crafty.He comes when I whistle but doesn't come too close.He takes a few m/worms and hides 'til I come in.This last few days.he has been coming on my window sill and peering in for a short while but today takes the biscuit. This afternoon he kept perching on the sill and looking in staying longer each visitand appeared to be hypnotised by the T.V when it was on. sometimes standing on tiptoe.As dusk fell, he was still perched there. Twice,I took a few m/worms out when I realised that he wasn't foraging .He stayed until it was too dark to see him anymoreI went out to see jf he was looking at his relection but there was no mirror image .He could see me and the furniture
etc. quite clearly and showed no agression .It was very entertaining.
B.T.W.;;Robins are early risers and ,along with wrens,very late roosters so you get a dawn and dusk period when
y
ou can feed your robin as an individual without th bully boys grabbing it first.

Aint life wunnerful. maurice

Life sure is wonderful, Maurice! What a heartening little tale you tell there.

My Robin is very vocal at the moment both morning and evening, but is also quite elusive, only showing himself when there is no-one else around.

That is lovely, Maurice. Perhaps eventually he will sit beside you to watch T.V..|=)|
Our Robin seems to sing here all night. I've been up at 2 a.m. & heard him. I don't think he gets much sleep.|=(||=)|

Goodness, Maurice, what a charming story. Long may "your" robin visit for food and tv!

Aww, how cute is that?
I often see a Robin, clicking first thing in the morning,
I'm going to try your dusk/dawn method Maurice, what a nice idea.

Hi Maurice.
A lovely post.
Don't let it watch wildlife programmes; because if a Robin comes up on the screen it might damage itself trying to get at it through the window. LOL!!

Baz.

Thanks, Maurice, for starting my day on such a cheery note after reading your post! I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure from his visits! As an early riser myself a Robin is most often the first bird I hear and then see..along with Blackbirds!

Enjoy your friendly Robin, Maurice! Life is certainly wunnerful!:t:

Hi Maurice,

What a great story. Nothing like that here; I do have two Robins, sticking to their own sides of the garden, but neither of them is at all tame. They do sing at me when I go out though.

Bill.

Val may be right. My robin spent a long time this morning flying up from the sill tryig to get thro' a small gap below the top horizontal window that I keep open all day.I'm positive he would come in if he could but whether he would watch t.v.with me or panic I don't know.I fear the latter so he has to stay out.

maurice. aaaaw

Awww! Maurice.
"Our" Robin fly's into the shed where OH is pottering. He picks up metal nuts & other things on the work bench & drops them on the floor, untill OH puts some food down for him, then he fly's off with it out the door. If OH hasn't any food for him in the shed, the Robin fly's round & round him in a circle untill he goes & gets some. It's very funny to watch.

The Robin mutters at OH too Wendy. The first time it happened OH thought the bird had gone crazy, but he is actually rather clever to work out how to get this humans attention|:D|

My winter robin is a bit shy but very crafty.He comes when I whistle but doesn't come too close.He takes a few m/worms and hides 'til I come in.This last few days.he has been coming on my window sill and peering in for a short while but today takes the biscuit. This afternoon he kept perching on the sill and looking in staying longer each visitand appeared to be hypnotised by the T.V when it was on. sometimes standing on tiptoe.As dusk fell, he was still perched there. Twice,I took a few m/worms out when I realised that he wasn't foraging .He stayed until it was too dark to see him anymoreI went out to see jf he was looking at his relection but there was no mirror image .He could see me and the furniture
etc. quite clearly and showed no agression .It was very entertaining.
B.T.W.;;Robins are early risers and ,along with wrens,very late roosters so you get a dawn and dusk period when
y
ou can feed your robin as an individual without th bully boys grabbing it first.

Aint life wunnerful. maurice

Hi Maurice

What a sweet little story. Robins love their mealworms, and being your friend - me thinks
Robins are very sociable little birds. The one i have sits on my white garden table to get my attention. I can see him out of my kitchen window.

The other day OH parked the lawnmower by the kitchen window ready to put away in the shed, and 'Mr Robbie' decided to sit on the handles, and show off - anything for a little bit of attention - sweet little thing. o:) :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back