• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EL 10x50 - Initial thoughts (1 Viewer)

Yes there could be more eye-relief for some with this glass (10X50 UVHD+), and some do not like how the eyecups fit. For my face no blackouts and with all the eye relief I need. Just goes to show how ergonomics on a high-end glass can be a non-fit for some. I am also enjoying the views at night with the EL 10X50, SLC 15X56 and the FL 10X56 here in the Northeast. The heat is coming tomorrow.

Andy W.

Although I was a longtime Leica user/fan (cameras too), and still use a UV 32, I've begun to appreciate why Swaro is the market leader today. The full-sized choice for me boiled down to EL 50 or SLC 56... and I went with the 10x56, which you might be interested in comparing sometime. Somewhat larger, yet not that much heavier, a lovely bright clear view, and amazing in low light. They simply sparkle. (+12mm stereopsis, for what that's worth.) I used to think I preferred the warmer tone of Leicas, but the SLC has changed my mind.

I just traded my Noctivid 10x42 for the 8x56 slc 2018 model and it is simply stunning. It has the best ease of view in any light and is super sharp and transparent. Also colors are absolutely true to my eyes and no glare issues or ca. Swarovski hit the mark with this one. I wear glasses and it’s also the best I have had for eyeglasses. 23mm of eye relief with a 60 degree apparent field gives a unique viewing experience with glasses.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back