• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greatest Life Risk? (1 Viewer)

. I climbed over a normal looking fence to secure better views, only to receive a rather nasty shock to my more intimate parts. Which just goes to show, any bird can be dangerous if you're stupid enough![/QUOTE

To Maclean decendants at least ;)

If I have to "go before my time" as it were, id rather do it doing something crazy, stupid and fun, whilst searching for a crippler! Maybe i'll go and have a chat with the Sentinelese...

Nasty critters hippo's...calculated risk eh?! [glad it was worth it]!

ps...perhaps ought to start new thread...'dumbest thing you've ever done in order to see a bird'....;) Not that i'm saying anyone's 'dumb'...just we all do things...that with hindsight...are very foolish..[but make great 'tales' later on]! Best birders in the world are mostly 'barking' mad...one way or another;)

Yip, I'll admit it, dumb indeed, but fun nevertheless! What was slightly dissapointing is that my wife encouraged me to go and look for the Pel's, fully aware of the risk I was taking:t:

Yip, I'll admit it, dumb indeed, but fun nevertheless! What was slightly dissapointing is that my wife encouraged me to go and look for the Pel's, fully aware of the risk I was taking:t:

Seeing as you are in South Africa Andrew.....i don't suppose your wife has suggested 'having a dip' outside a 'great white' cage has she?! If so....maybe she's trying to tell you something...;) 'Oh...the water looks lovely Andrew...don't worry about those little 'fishes' with the big jaws...they won't bite...'!

ps...one day i wud like to get to see a seal hunting great white leap right out of water...think this only happens at one 'spot'...the deep water trench thing...forget wot it's called now....awesome creatures....one of the best things i've ever seen....:t:

pps...i'm sure your wife had the best intentions!

Seeing as you are in South Africa Andrew.....i don't suppose your wife has suggested 'having a dip' outside a 'great white' cage has she?! If so....maybe she's trying to tell you something...;) 'Oh...the water looks lovely Andrew...don't worry about those little 'fishes' with the big jaws...they won't bite...'!

ps...one day i wud like to get to see a seal hunting great white leap right out of water...think this only happens at one 'spot'...the deep water trench thing...forget wot it's called now....awesome creatures....one of the best things i've ever seen....:t:

pps...i'm sure your wife had the best intentions!

Unfortunately Great Whites catching seals only happens down near Cape Town, so not too close to Durban! I have seen the seals and I have seen a great white, but never the two meeting at close quarters! My wife did say something about using me as bait next time though:eek!:

I am going on a pelagic trip off Durban next weekend, the sardines should be around, so hopefully some bird, shark and dolphin action to watch, preferably from the boat, and not from the water!!

algerian nuthatch

Yep, I'd say they are the ones that would incur the greatest real risk.

Algerian Nuthatch is getable again, the political situation has calmed.

I saw Algerian nuthatch 2 days ago with a guide karim haddid,you can,t take binoculars into Algeria but he has some you can use.we drove 2.5 hours from Constantine and then a steep walk to the forest where it took us 2 hours to locate one on call which I saw well,also saw the race of coal tit and jay here.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back