• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird Disappearance (1 Viewer)

kim1313elm

Hi All, I live in Mt. Bethel PA! I had 3 Hummers coming to my feeders, now I have none.. I haven't seen a one in 5 days. I am concerned.. Has anyone heard anything or do you know what could have happened to my little Hummers? Any info would be great. . Thank you.. have a great day

Apparently, you are not the only one missing their hummers. Remember, it is nesting time so many may be sitting on eggs so you'll see less of them until the eggs hatch.

Hi Kim and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

This happens annually at my house this time of year. We have resident Anna's and the Rufous show up in early Spring and I can't keep the feeders full. Then they seemingly disappear! For the past few weeks I've only seen one or two just before dark in the evening. Yesterday, all of the sudden, there were several of each sp. fighting over the feeders. I assume the eggs hatched or the young fledged.

Hi Kim, welcome to the forum. Don’t worry you will have yours and their young visiting again soon.

Hi Kim and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

So glad to find this thread! I didnt start feeding the hummingbirds until the end of last year, so this was my first spring with them. Being in Texas I was really excited about the migration thru the Gulf. Had tons of them a few months back, and then poof, they were all gone! I have a few that come thru daily, but there are long periods when theres nothing. I started out using sugar water, then found this really pretty red color bottle of nectar at Wally World. What a huge mistake! The ones that do come thru took a small sip and would fly away. I finally got wise and spooned some into my own mouth, to find the taste of citrus fruit. It was dumped down the drain. Went back to sugar water and they stick around longer now, but nothing like it was in the spring. Hopefully they will return as soon as nesting is over.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back