• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West African Field Guide (1 Viewer)

There is a new paperback version of Nik Borrow and Ron Demey's Birds of Western Africa out now, published by Helm I think. The full hardback version is also at a reduced price on www.nhbs.com at the moment.

E

Birds of West Africa.

Hi Geoff,
When I was working in Nigeria not that long ago I had a book called, I think, - Birds Of West Africa and I got it from Waterstones as I recall. It's not too big but does give you a pretty good guide. I'm not sure there would be a book purely about birds in Ghana.
Also try Amazon on the net.

Good luck,

madmike

Last edited:
Hi Geoff-

Your best bet is the Borrow and Demey book published by Princeton.

Princeton publishes many of the same titles as Helm, but the prices are lower (Helm titles, in my opinion, are a colossal rip-off).

If you can get the book from Amazon in the US, you should get quite a bargain over buying it in the UK.

-Adam

Blackstart said:
Hi Geoff-

Your best bet is the Borrow and Demey book published by Princeton.

Princeton publishes many of the same titles as Helm, but the prices are lower (Helm titles, in my opinion, are a colossal rip-off).

If you can get the book from Amazon in the US, you should get quite a bargain over buying it in the UK.

-Adam

German Amazon (Amazon.de) sells the US versions too, so I guess the UK branch should have them as well. Though .com may give a discount on the list price, but then, that might be offset by more postage.

Robert

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back