• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AGW and rising sea levels (2 Viewers)

The “consensus” is based on myriads of “facts” (measurements in this case) established by thousands of highly qualified scientists all over the world. Against that (as far as the evidence presented by your military historian goes) is the “extrapolation (of sea levels of the recent past) to 2100”. Talk about missing the point!

Imho it would be immoral not to inform “kids” (and everybody else) of anthropogenic climate change while there is still time—precious little time as it happens—to mitigate its catastrophic effects.

Occam’s razor doesn’t “suggest” anything, it prunes away over-elaborate hypotheses in favor of simpler ones with the same explanatory power. In the present case, there are 2 competing hypotheses:

1/. The properties concerned were purchased by a couple of prominent Democratic politicians (both currently out-of-office) with secret knowledge that AGW is a hoax.
2/. The properties concerned, though coastal, are so situated as not to be in immediate danger of flooding

Implied by the first, is the existence of an otherwise undocumented left-wing conspiracy—Gore and Obama surely not being the only members of the Democratic elite in on the secret—to foist AGW “alarmism” on the general public.
Motive? Beats me. . .. But maybe you could suggest one?

Implied by the second, is due diligence in the purchase of coastal real estate.
Motive? Investment or some other legitimate purpose.

I’m pretty sure how Occam’s razor cuts in this case. ;)
Nice try.

That fact is Obama is the ultimate hypocrite. Actions do indeed speak louder than words.
Who spends $14 million (investment or otherwise) on a property soon to be underwater!?

More blubber from the master of deflection and straw man.

It's a given that Gore is a climate hypocrite, but you already know that.
The carbon footprint of these elitist pigs dwarfs that of the average American, yet they are the self-imposed spokesmen of AGW.

It would be funny if not so ridiculous.

Last edited:
More blubber from the master of deflection and straw man.

It's a given that Gore is climate hypocrite, but you already know that.
The carbon footprint of these elitist pigs dwarfs that of the average American, yet they are the self-imposed spokesmen of AGW.

It would be funny if not so ridiculous.

My, my, what’s set you off this fine Monday evening? Been hitting the sauce again, have you?

“Self-styled” would be better than “self-imposed”, I think.

Last edited:
No doubt there are paid shills and miscreants on all sides of the argument. For those not in those camps perhaps undecided, or unconvinced, or open to further proof, would be more suitable, however inconvenient that may be ;)

As Etudiant said, who knows their motive ? Without direct interview (and likely interrogation under truth serum! :) we simply don't know enough information and can observe the behaviour as the most telling factor.

The most effective leaders will faithfully model the very behaviour they propose everyone else follow. This 'energy audit' from publicly available information shows AL Gore at 20-odd times + the national average energy consumption falling far short of that.
https://nationalcenter.org/ncppr/20...YjJmGMQgtJdI9_kNRUea9w4Yb4CStpeZFOPZiKTOijAeo

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." ....... ¿¿

How about some examples of “paid shills” on the AGW side of the question?

Snouts in the trough? They're wearing clothes and walking on hind legs !
Pretty sure at least 1 was just detailed - follow the money, follow the money ...... :brains: ;)

What on earth does “effective” leadership have to do with AGW?

A leader without followers is just a person going for a walk by themselves .......

Chosun :gh:

The “consensus” is based on myriads of “facts” (measurements in this case) established by thousands of highly qualified scientists all over the world. Against that (as far as the evidence presented by your military historian goes) is the “extrapolation (of sea levels of the recent past) to 2100”. Talk about missing the point!
Forget the extrapolations and modeling - what about the measurement evidence just presented?

Occam’s razor doesn’t “suggest” anything, it prunes away over-elaborate hypotheses in favor of simpler ones with the same explanatory power. In the present case, there are 2 competing hypotheses: .........
Just two?

Isn't the oceanfront Monticeto pad for the ex-missus Tipper? Maybe the divorce was somewhat acrimonious? Maybe Al thinks a comprehensive drowning may shut her up and get her out of his pockets? (he's got electricity bills to pay you know ! :eek!:)
Want me to buy you a house Tipper?! .......... suuuure .......

Motive? Beats me. . .. But maybe you could suggest one?

Isn't the smart money on the Holy Grail? .......... taxing air?

My, my, what’s set you off this fine Monday evening? Been hitting the sauce again, have you?

“Self-styled” would be better than “self-imposed”, I think.

Meh. More deflection and silly word games.

It is, however, a fine Monday evening...

That child will be lucky to live a normal life. And it will have nothing to do with 'climate.'

Once George Soros' handlers are done using her, she'll need psychotherapy for life.

That child will be lucky to live a normal life. . ..

Certainly not "normal" from the perspective of northern Idaho. Here's what Dumbo has to say on the subject--

“She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!”— D. J. Trump on Twitter as quoted by USA Today

In general, the political posturings of children hold little interest for me.

Last edited:
Certainly not "normal" from the perspective of northern Idaho. Here's what Dumbo has to say on the subject--

“She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!”— D. J. Trump on Twitter as quoted by USA Today

In general, the political posturings of children hold little interest for me.

What would you know of northern Idaho? One could find that comment somewhat ironic as well given that you are a bloke from Reno. Er...edit, "Portland." Antifa capital of the U.S.

The political posturings of kids may be of little interest for you, but Trump's trolling sure is. Fugs = checkers DJT = chess :king:
Like it or not, the guy toys with the media and your ilk with aplomb.

Last edited:

Greta with considerable and ironic subtlety has now amended her website to describe herself as "A very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future"...!:t:

Pity that irony is wasted on those who lack self-awareness...;)
MJB

Greta with considerable and ironic subtlety has now amended her website to describe herself as "A very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future"...

Indeed, an effectively deployed variation of the timeworn tactic of turning the enemy’s words against him.

Pity that irony is wasted on those who lack self-awareness...

Indeed, again, but that said, I’ve never been a fan of children’s crusades and in this case worry about their potential to distract attention from necessary action by voting-age adults. Juvenile passion is all very well, but successfully dealing with AGW and other serious problems can only be achieved by hard thinking and harder politicking on the part of their elders. And that I don't see happening anytime soon.

Last edited:
.... I’ve never been a fan of children’s crusades and in this case worry about their potential to distract attention from necessary action by voting-age adults. Juvenile passion is all very well, but successfully dealing with AGW and other serious problems can only be achieved by hard thinking and harder politicking on the part of their elders.

Agree on that 100%, children's crusades historically have generated horrors.
Just hope that this one does not spawn yet another one.

'Climate Activist' or 'Climate Actress' ? is the question that crosses my mind. :h?:

She looks (to me) for all the world to be dancing to the tune of 'handlers' and 'puppet masters' :eek!:
Hair trigger quick with the twitter response, and that speech - did she really write it ? (I suppose there's a lot of spare time sailing across an ocean ....) :cat:

All in service of the pursuit of the Holy Grail ..... with the added bonus of intergenerational animosity thrown in for good measure !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back