• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (2 Viewers)

Valley year list on:- 126
Latest:- Ringed plover

Pete Hackett -112 Ringed plover
Dave Saunders - 108 Garganey
Mike Ixer -107 Hobby
Matt Hadlington -105 Garganey
Richard Baker -103 Garganey
John Clarke - 98 Garganey
Steve Lilly - 98 Raven
Terry Parker -97 Gropper
Mike Nicklin -96 Garganey
Craig Whitelaw -92 Garganey
Dave Waite -92 Garganey
Hughie King -90 Garganey
Gareth Marlow -88 Garganey
Pete Forbes -80 Wheater
Steve Hextell -78 Garganey
Craig Reed - 77 Garganey
Tim Hextell - 67 Garganey
Carl seabode -58 Brambling
Richard Eyres -54 Brambling
Wali Taylor - 49 LRP
Jason Davis -35 Goldfinch

Good Birding YAMYAM

The 3 Garganey were on the marsh before flying to near the main island on Forge Mill Lake at 11am.

Very impressed with the meadows and the array of butterflies present.

First trip to Forge Mill since March. No sign of the Mandarin 1.30- 3.00 and not much else of note birdwise, not a single hirundine. The day was however brighten up by a close encounter with a Weasel, I dont know who was surprised the most, just 2m+ away. Also my first Red Admiral and Black Tailed Skimmer of the year. Nice to bump into Hughie.

Nice Marsh Harrier record and it’s good to see birders that have been skulking like rare Rails finally leave their bunkers:-O:clap:

Good birding -

Laurie:t:

Haha - don’t forget to remind your mates who were allowed unfettered access to the Goldfish Bowl during your self-inflicted incarceration:-O

Good birding -

First trip to Forge Mill since March. No sign of the Mandarin 1.30- 3.00 and not much else of note birdwise, not a single hirundine. The day was however brighten up by a close encounter with a Weasel, I dont know who was surprised the most, just 2m+ away. Also my first Red Admiral and Black Tailed Skimmer of the year. Nice to bump into Hughie.

Nice one with the Weasel, just out of interest. Where did you have it? I had one in the RSPB meadow near the carved viewing screen a week or so ago.

Haha - don’t forget to remind your mates who were allowed unfettered access to the Goldfish Bowl during your self-inflicted incarceration:-O

Good birding -

"Unfettered access" by two volunteer wardens to undertaken vital - and sanctioned - monitoring of livestock, review and manipulation of water levels, deter anti-social behaviour, undertake breeding birds surveys, carry out low grade maintenance etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back