• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesbos (1 Viewer)

Phala

Hello guy, we will in Lesbos Island from 16 to 24 may and i will gratefull to all of you can give detailed info about our target species: olive-thre warbler and oriental bonelli's warbler.

Maybe some of you are now on the island and when come back can write some tips for us....;);)

Thanks in advance

Paolo
www.birdinlombardia.it

Lesvosbirding.com

Hello guy, we will in Lesbos Island from 16 to 24 may and i will gratefull to all of you can give detailed info about our target species: olive-thre warbler and oriental bonelli's warbler.

Maybe some of you are now on the island and when come back can write some tips for us....;);)

Thanks in advance

Paolo
www.birdinlombardia.it

Paolo,

I advice you to take a look at the website www.lesvosbirding.com
On this website you can find a lot of information about Lesvos. There is a quick site guide with information about the places where you can spot birds en and there are also dayly reports of the sightings.
Have a nice journey. I will be on the island from 12 till 19 May and I'm staying in Skala Kallonis.

best regards,

Leo Tukker

Just back from there:
Olive-tree warbler - Napi Valley - drive out through the small town of Napi and into the valley beyond and look for the two huge masts atop a hill. You can park below them and then walk back down the road t the crash barrier where you can look down over the olive tree/oak tree woodland. 2 birds are here and are often quite showy. Remember, watch from the road, don't go into the fields as the French tour group did whilst we were there as the birds shut up! As soon as they got back up to the road and buggered off the birds began to sing again and showed well!!
We had Eastern Bonelli's at Ipsilou on 2 occasions but not singing, just passing through.

Ads

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back