• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bantry Bay visit (1 Viewer)

jforgham

Birding for fun
Am off for a 3 day trip at the end of October, flying to Cork and staying in or around Bantry Bay. Have car so can travel sensible distances for a days birding. Any suggestions as to where? Also, where is best area around Bantry Bay itself?
Many thanks for all replies.

Jono

jforgham said:
Am off for a 3 day trip at the end of October, flying to Cork and staying in or around Bantry Bay. Have car so can travel sensible distances for a days birding. Any suggestions as to where? Also, where is best area around Bantry Bay itself?
Many thanks for all replies.

Jono

Hopefully a local will post- but I've been out there a couple of time in late October- Lissagriffin Lake on the way to Mizen always seems like it is about to yield up an American rare- even tho' it hasn't when I've been there. I once spent a late October day in teeming weather there convinced I was going to flush an American Bittern- but I didn't.

The gardens on the way out to Mizen get some attention (Red-eyed Vireo comes to mind) then Choughs out on the head.

Remember to take the rare bird alert phone numbers (as per the recent rare birds thread..)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back