• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nikon 10x50 6.0 sporting 11 (1 Viewer)

red rooster

out a wander
ive had a pair of the above for around about 14years now,there fine nothing wrong with them i suppose i fancy a change is all.what be the same spec wise nowadays.cant really find nothing about them on line.ta stuart.

Hi red rooster,
You will find few10x50s these days, these big glasses are mostly replaced by smaller 10x42s or even 10x32s, typically waterproof and rubber armored, selling for 200-2000 pounds, depending on your wallet.
That said, Nikon still sells 10x50s, both the waterproof porro design Action Extreme glass as well as the Sporter 10x50 roof prism design. The Action Extreme is an excellent value at about $150 at OpticsPlanet, the Sporter is probably more, but I only found it on the Nikon web site, not at US retailers.

Hi,

In the UK Nikon do the Sporter 10x50 and the Monarch 10x56. Note that the Monarch (MkIII) x42s have dielectric prism coatings that should give a brighter more neutral view than the usual aluminium or silver coatings.
http://www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk/Category/220/optics/?manuf=161
Nikon are also coming out with new or possibly replacement models. The Monarch 3 (not mk3) and the Prostaff 7 which have only been announced as x42 versions so far. One of the regulars on the forum has said he prefers the longer Prostaff 7 (also available above) to the old Monarch I believe, but I've not seen any reports on the Monarch 3 yet.
http://www.nikonbirding.com/products/binoculars

David

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back