• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Where to watch birds in Ireland" - Hutchinson (1 Viewer)

SteveClark

G'day all

I'm hoping to visit Ireland for a few weeks next June-July and wondered about the value of this book. It is 10 years old now and if Ireland is anything like Australia a lot can change in 10 years.

Cheers

Steve Clark
Victoria, Australia

SteveClark said:
G'day all

I'm hoping to visit Ireland for a few weeks next June-July and wondered about the value of this book. It is 10 years old now and if Ireland is anything like Australia a lot can change in 10 years.

Cheers

Steve Clark
Victoria, Australia

I used it on my first trip to Ireland (SW Cork, September). Worth buying, not least because it's the only guide to the country I'm aware of, and seems to give a decent enough overview. Perhaps a bit short of detail on the smaller sites. I don't know if there are any plans to update it; sadly the author is no longer with us.

Sean

I used it on my first trip to Ireland (SW Cork, September). Worth buying, not least because it's the only guide to the country I'm aware of, and seems to give a decent enough overview. Perhaps a bit short of detail on the smaller sites. I don't know if there are any plans to update it; sadly the author is no longer with us.

Sean

Hi Sean,

That was the only substantial guide until last autumn when "Finding Birds in Ireland" by Eric Dempsey and Michael O' Clery came out. Very well illustrated full colour, esp good maps, and bang up to date.

It is in BirdWatch Ireland's online shop here
http://shop.birdwatchireland.ie/birdwatchireland/product_info.php?products_id=489
but also prob on Amazon and in most big Irish bookshops with a birds section.

Mícheál

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back