• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Pics Borg 76ED/450D (1 Viewer)

Went to the local park this morning. Fired off some shots using the settings that Paul and Musoman had recommended.
Other than the photo showing my scope the others have been resized, cropped to up load to this site.
Manual focus seems to be the hardest thing to master. Have not tried live view as yet.
All shot RAW, ISO:800 Mirror lock.|=)|

Attachments

• IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 190
They don't look too bad for focus, maybe don't crop them so much. You could also try getting a focus confirm chip from ebay. I wouldn't have used mirror lock up for any of those. Only time I use mirror lock up is for static subjects that will sit still for a while. With a fairly short focal length scope like this the shutter speeds should be sufficient to just pan around and take photos one after the other and this is my usual method for taking photos most of the time.

Paul.

Agree with Paul that they look too heavily cropped and therefore lose lots of sharpness. If you look at Paul's website he's got some amazing images using similar kit.
Chris

I cropped them to reduce the file size in iphoto. Do not have photoshop, not sure how else to reduce the file?
Do you set the white balance on any setting in particular?

I cropped them to reduce the file size in iphoto. Do not have photoshop, not sure how else to reduce the file?
Do you set the white balance on any setting in particular?

In iphoto go to File, then Export.
Change either the quality or the file size and that should make the file small enough for you to upload on here without needing to crop it. It takes a bit of trial and error sometimes.
Chris

Have resized the Raw files in iphoto. Reposting so I can try this new method.|=)|

Attachments

• BIRD.jpg
    BIRD.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 142
  • COMORENT.jpg
    COMORENT.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 168
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back