• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Farmoor reserve (1 Viewer)

Musoman

PETE - Nikon/Sony Shooter
United Kingdom
Had a quick trip out ( its only 6 miles from me ) to the Farmoor reserve. Literally hundreds of Greylags lining the perimeter track, mostly talking amongst themselves and catching a few zzzzzzz

Managed to catch a baby Dunlin and Yellow Legged Gull too.

Scope at 600mm, as i'm still not happy with the Barlow IQ. Might have to rethink the baffling or something

Attachments

• greylag9b.jpg
    greylag9b.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Baby Dunlin 2.jpg
    Baby Dunlin 2.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Yellow Legged Gull 2.jpg
    Yellow Legged Gull 2.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 126
Tried the DOI and didnt like it - there just seems to be a problem with me and TC's, whether they are Barlows or teleconverters.

I seem to get better IQ without them

My 2 DOIs just arrived and right in front of me now. That sentence of yours just send them into "guilty until proven innocent" situation LOL...... Got them cheap and will convert the mounts to suit my camera. Can still use on my usual tele lens. Got my extension tube set too.

My 2 DOIs just arrived and right in front of me now. That sentence of yours just send them into "guilty until proven innocent" situation LOL...... Got them cheap and will convert the mounts to suit my camera. Can still use on my usual tele lens. Got my extension tube set too.

In the 2X one did you get the HQ7 model? I have 2 of them and find them to be very sharp for a 2X teleconverter. The 1.5X one is good too but the Kenko Pro 1.4X produces nicer colours thanks to better coatings. The DOI 1.5X is about the same as far as sharpness goes though.

Paul.

In the 2X one did you get the HQ7 model? I have 2 of them and find them to be very sharp for a 2X teleconverter. The 1.5X one is good too but the Kenko Pro 1.4X produces nicer colours thanks to better coatings. The DOI 1.5X is about the same as far as sharpness goes though.

Paul.

Yes, both are DOI HQ7 2X. I did pop other question in my thread as this is Musoman's thread but I guess he would also be interested. Did the DOI 3X works out good? I did also have a Tamron 1.4X which works fine with my Tamron lenses but heard that it's not comparable with the Kenko Pro. Haven't came across any DOI 1.5X or 3 X yet. Only a Vivitar 3X.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back