• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Acuter Scopes (Any good for digiscoping??) (1 Viewer)

midge

Hi
I am a newbie around here but would like to ask a question if I may?
I would like to get into digiscoping, not just birds but wildlife in general, however, I am on a very limited budget at the moment so dont want to make an expensive mistake when it comes to buying a scope. I have seen (and looked through) a scope made by Acuter which has 20 x 60 zoom and an 80mm diameter lens, it is just about in my price bracket (£200), the magnification looked great when looking through the viewfinder, but will it be okay for digiscoping?? I am not looking for prize winning pictures but would like to be able to snap clean, in focus images, if its not suitable does anyone have ideas for one in the same price bracket?? Finally I have read that my current digicam a Canon Powershot G3 is totally unsuitable for digiscoping, despite being an excellent camera in all other respects, as my budget is small would it be possible to get round any vignetting that occurs using photoshop etc just until I can afford a more suitable digicam for using with a scope??
Sorry to be so long winded, hope someone can help with advice please.
Midge

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back