• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cable release for 990 (1 Viewer)

Alf King

Does anyone have exoerience of using a cable release with the Coolpix 990?

Where did you get it or how did you make it?

How can you attach it to the camera?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alf,

Check out this thread - Cable releases

The Jessops is decent enough, but the EagleEye is more slimline and a better design all round - all metal with no plastic bits which the Jessops has and tends to strip after a bit of use.

Hi Alf,

Nikon makes an electronic cable release for the 990, it is part number MC-EU1, and is available from better camera stores or mail order. I haven't used mine for digiscoping yet, but plan to try it when the adapter from Simplicity arrives next week. Will let you know how it works.

Regarding your Texas visit: How long will you be here and in what Texas city will you arrive? Its easy to spend more time driving than birding in Texas.

Dick

The Nikon mc-eu1 is not a great favourite with digiscopers.....but it does function better on the cp995/4500 than the cp990. If you have an early cp990 you must upgrade the firmware for the mc-eu1 to 'work' and watch out for the fragile usb socket on the cp990.
Regards,
Andy

assayer said:
Hi Alf,

I use the MC-EU1 with my CP 995 and it drives me CRAZY. It takes forever to "warm up" and start working. Once it's up and running it usually does ok, but the waiting for the thing to start operating can be a photo-killer. I have ordered the EagleEye standard bracket that allows use of a manual cable release. And sometimes I just use the self-timer, pushing the shutter release button twice so that it's only a three-second delay.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back