• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Universal Adapter for Swarovski scope (1 Viewer)

stevieb

Attempting to put Melksham on the map
Hi,

I have a Swarovski HD65 'scope with the 20-60x zoom. I have heard that the Olivon Universal Digital Camera Holder fits some other 'scopes. Anyone know if this includes the Swarovski HD65?
If not, does any one know of any other adapter that may do the job?
I have a Finepix A820 camera that I have used to take photo's through the scope, with decent results but a holder would be better.

Many thanks in advance :t:

Rgds

Steve,
Normally these universal adapters fit the eyepiece and are independent of the scope brand. The manufacturers own brand may not though eg Swarovski , Zeiss,Leica.
I just bought a universal adapter on Saturday and it only just fitted over the Swaro zoom eyepiece with 0.5 mm to spare.
Neil

Hi,

I have a Swarovski HD65 'scope with the 20-60x zoom. I have heard that the Olivon Universal Digital Camera Holder fits some other 'scopes. Anyone know if this includes the Swarovski HD65?
If not, does any one know of any other adapter that may do the job?
I have a Finepix A820 camera that I have used to take photo's through the scope, with decent results but a holder would be better.

Many thanks in advance :t:

Rgds

Any reason in particular why you want a universal adapter rather than one of the ones Swarovski makes specifically for its own scopes?

Steve

Steve

Aren't the Swarov adapters specifically for SLR cameras or do they do them for the likes of my Finepix? I also like the idea of the 'swing away' action that the Olivon adapter has.

Steve

Aren't the Swarov adapters specifically for SLR cameras or do they do them for the likes of my Finepix? I also like the idea of the 'swing away' action that the Olivon adapter has.

In short, the answer to your question is no! The Swaro DCA is for any camera with a thread around the lens, but my advice is don't let this limit your choice of camera for digiscoping!

For me, successful digisoping is about holding the right camera (for your particular scope) in a centralized position, and at the optimum distance from the scope's eyepiece. If you get this right then you should have few problems, but for many people it seems that this is the crux of the problem as they can't find a combination of camera, adapter and scope that work well for them.

IMHO you already have a good starting point with the scope. You just need to get the camera/adapter right. The swing-away type sounds good, and I considered buying an SRB Griturn myself, until I found that this solution worked just as well for me:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=133323

Neil's solution works equally well for his choice of cameras (he has many!)

Good luck with whatever you choose,

Steve

Last edited:
POP,

I have just sent them a message on their contact form requesting them to send me an e-mail when the adapter is ready to buy. What was the retail web site that you found the price on?

POP,

I have just sent them a message on their contact form requesting them to send me an e-mail when the adapter is ready to buy. What was the retail web site that you found the price on?

Steve it was something like south west cameras.I googled the query and opened the first site.

Pop

Yes, I have already seen an advert for this new adapter and it looks quite good, but at £260 it's about double the cost of mine using the DCA.

Still, if you can afford it....

Swarovski obviously haven't heard that we're in the midst of a global recession!

Steve

Swaro DCB

Hello Steve,
The new Swaro bracket UCA is not of the swing away variety. Swaro already do a swing over bracket the DCB-A for angled scopes and the DCB-S for straight scopes costing about £250. as far as I'm aware this bracket will take most compact cameras. I have one of these which I use with a Sony W300 a compact camera. I avoid stray light by way of a rubber lens hood siliconed to the W300.
Hope this may have helped.

B lucky

Gary

Attachments

• DSCN0367lens.jpg
    DSCN0367lens.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 99
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back