• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

trying to locate a birding location (1 Viewer)

Jeff Hopkins

Just another...observer
United States
Hi all,

I went birding today at Laem Pak Bia and Ban Pak Thale. After we wrapped up the shorebirding, we went to an area for some marsh birds.

My guide told me the name, but I can't seem to find it on any maps. The name sounded like "Thoong Fuah" and she said there was also a Wat Thoong Fuah. She also said that "thoong" means field and Fuah was possibly someone's name. Supposedly, fuah doesn't mean anything.

I also think it was somewhere just west of Ban Laem. To get there, we were coming from Pak Thale and came to a fairly complicated roundabout with several islands, at which we turned left. We then went by a wat complex on the left which had all sorts of ornate artwork on the front of it made from concrete. Eventually we came to some rice fields and ponds.

Does anyone know this place? Am I getting the name right? I'd like to mention it in a report.

And for the record, we saw the spooner, Nordmann's greenshank, and Asian dowitcher B :)

Last edited:
I think you got it, Mark.

Once I searched on that name, I found a photo in another birding trip report that I recognized.

Thanks,

JH

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back