• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Homemade adaptor for Fuji F30 and Nikon ED82 (1 Viewer)

Nikon ED82 & Fuji F30 adaptor

Feathered one said:
Having paid out for the scope last Thursday, I wanted to save some money on the adaptor. So this is what I made up from bits and pieces I had in my shed.
It seems to work quite well, I tried it out this afternoon in blustery conditions down at Pennington sea wall. I will post some pictures and observations re the F30 in the next few days when I have time.

Here are some pics of the adaptor....................

You have mentioned a swing out adaptor, who sells it and how much does it cost?

Cheers,

Harry Hutchinson

airconace said:
You have mentioned a swing out adaptor, who sells it and how much does it cost?

Cheers,

Harry Hutchinson
The one I've just got is by SRB Griturn - it's a beautifully made piece of kit at a very reasonable price. Search on this forum.

scampo said:
The one I've just got is by SRB Griturn - it's a beautifully made piece of kit at a very reasonable price. Search on this forum.

hehehe so we'll wait pictures from you scampo :)

by the way, does the srb-griturn ships to malaysia for the adapter ?

horukuru said:
hehehe so we'll wait pictures from you scampo :)

by the way, does the srb-griturn ships to malaysia for the adapter ?
We'll need some better weather that's for sure. I'm waiting for a different adapter ring at the moment before i can properly use it.

Why not email the company - I'm sure they'll send it anywhere!

Swing out adaptor

scampo said:

Thanks for the information Steve, now I've got to decide on the scope & camera combination, might be a bit more difficult...............

airconace said:
Thanks for the information Steve, now I've got to decide on the scope & camera combination, might be a bit more difficult...............

Buy the best you affortable, no regret.

airconace said:
Just noticed you live in Swad - I did my teacher training there at The Pingle. Ah - memories!

If you ever go to Rutland Water, you can try out scopes at the In Focus shop there - they don't have the greatest selection but do have Nikon and Opticron. Of course you'll probably know I like the Zeiss with zoom but budget and personal preferences are all!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back