• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Benacre Broad, Suffolk (1 Viewer)

Toirealach

Does anyone know the easiest way currently to access Benacre Broad and how near can you park a car?

I understand cliff erosion has changed the situation there since I last visited 10 years ago, so any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know the easiest way currently to access Benacre Broad and how near can you park a car?

I understand cliff erosion has changed the situation there since I last visited 10 years ago, so any help would be appreciated.

I came down from Kessingland yesterday on a SOG field trip, which is quite a trek. People came in to the hide who had been to Covehithe first and come north and as the tide was high, must have come along the cliff top. You need to park along the road before Covehithe church, follow the road and find the path across the cliff to the broad.

Gi

I came down from Kessingland yesterday on a SOG field trip, which is quite a trek. People came in to the hide who had been to Covehithe first and come north and as the tide was high, must have come along the cliff top. You need to park along the road before Covehithe church, follow the road and find the path across the cliff to the broad.

Gi

Thanks for that, appreciated.

I did Google and a blog a few months ago suggested the path had been blocked by local Landowners...

http://waveneywanderings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/covehithe-sanderlings.html

The path was blocked, but people often ignore the signs & walk along the top anyway it seems. I've accessed from Kessingland or by going to Covehithe Broad & walking north along the beach under the cliffs.

Care should be taken though if using the beach as Gi says as the tide can come right below the cliffs.

There is Smew on Covehithe & the Shorelark + Snow Buntings range between Covehithe & Benacre.

There has been Common Scoter & GN Diver on Benacre.

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back