• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

airbrush problem.... (1 Viewer)

mark richards

United Kingdom
I don't know if anyone on here uses one.... I use one for my bird carvings.
the problem is that i get a small spatter of paint when i first press the button?
If i keep my finger on the button, all the time its ok... its only when i start ..
I stripped gun down & cleaned it, still the same ,never had problems before..
tried thinning the paint down...still the same, is it paint problem or air...thanks mark.

I don't know if anyone on here uses one.... I use one for my bird carvings.
the problem is that i get a small spatter of paint when i first press the button?
If i keep my finger on the button, all the time its ok... its only when i start ..
I stripped gun down & cleaned it, still the same ,never had problems before..
tried thinning the paint down...still the same, is it paint problem or air...thanks mark.

Could you solve it by starting on a scratch piece and then move to the art... I remember something like that from years ago when I used one . I was told it was a paint problem...

colleenc, thanks for reply ,problem solved...my airbrush is syphon fed from a
small bowl, there was dried paint in the tube that feeds the gun, managed to clean it with pin...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back