• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (11 Viewers)

Acting on instructions from wheatearlp I visited UW to try and connect with any new migrants, without success.
But, I'll include three photos (because I can) of:
Chiffchaff (singing in the Alder next to the Chestnut tree at the end of the causeway.
A female Gadwall (one of four Gadwall on the Moors and North Moors today), and
The Mediterranean Gull on Pool Island.

Attachments

• Chiff.jpg
    Chiff.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Gadwall.jpg
    Gadwall.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Med Gull.jpg
    Med Gull.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Acting on instructions from wheatearlp I visited UW to try and connect with any new migrants, without success.
But, I'll include three photos (because I can) of:
Chiffchaff (singing in the alder next to the Chestnut tree at the end of the causeway.
A female Gadwall (on of four Gadwall on the Moors and North Moors today), and
The Mediterranean Gull on Pool Island.

Even Gary has managed a Swallow on his travels (now 171 with said bird at Conwy RSPB).

As an aside, are Med Gulls are to breed as second summer birds?

Last edited:
work party at Moors Tomorrow

We are nearly at the end of habitat management work parties.
Tomorrow dead hedging, willow control, and a few other things nothing too strenuous.
Although maintenance jobs , raft building tool refurbishment and generally tiding up the loose ends will continue. Also I have brought forward cake day by a week. Bobby P and Tony B have been on baking duties. I have heard one of the cakes starts with an 'L' and ends in drizzle mmmmmmmmmmmmm:eat::eat: :t: john

Moors Pool 8.00am to 12.30pm

3 Little Egrets still roosting most of the morning in Amy's marsh. One adult is starting to get its breeding plumage; can always hope.

Attachments

• Med-Gull-1.jpg
    Med-Gull-1.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Med-Gull-2.jpg
    Med-Gull-2.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Med-Gull-3.jpg
    Med-Gull-3.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Shelduck-1.jpg
    Shelduck-1.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 102
  • Shelduck-2.jpg
    Shelduck-2.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 121
3 Little Egrets still roosting most of the morning in Amy's marsh. One adult is starting to get its breeding plumage; can always hope.

Nice fight shots Alan. Was only thinking yesterday as the Med flew past the east hide a few times "If only someone with a decent camera was here..."

Moors..galeforce westerly most of day..birds as recently. Gcg 2. little grebe 3 .little egret 3. shoveler 36. gadwall 4. teal 14. shelduck 5. snipe 3. lapwing male. oycs 4. med gull 2nd summer. swallow. chiffchaaff 2.

great cake day and work party.. details late tonight as we have a meeting with WWT

Moors..galeforce westerly most of day..birds as recently. Gcg 2. little grebe 3 .little egret 3. shoveler 36. gadwall 4. teal 14. shelduck 5. snipe 3. lapwing male. oycs 4. med gull 2nd summer. swallow. chiffchaaff 2.

great cake day and work party.. details late tonight as we have a meeting with WWT

very posh:t:

work party today

Only 10 of us today, but plenty of cake eating .
Bob O, Bob P, Charles, Jim B, John C, Paul M, Peter, Ray C, Tony B and me.
Thanks Bobby P and Tony B
3 types all top quality.
lemon drizzle, orange and ginger

Attachments

• bobbys lemon dr zzsnDSCF6173.jpg
    bobbys lemon dr zzsnDSCF6173.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 73
  • tonys orange cakeDSCF6171.jpg
    tonys orange cakeDSCF6171.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 83
  • tony 2 cake DSCF6172.jpg
    tony 2 cake DSCF6172.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 81
Phase 1 of the work.
we cleared the path through the thicket to where the new hide will be. Unfortunately the hide wont be happening just yet - through financial constraints. So for the time being we have a make shift screen over the scrape.

Attachments

• 1.NM track to scrapeDSCF6164.jpg
    1.NM track to scrapeDSCF6164.jpg
    896.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.screen over  scrape.jpg
    2.screen over scrape.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.scrape from the screenDSCF6166.jpg
    3.scrape from the screenDSCF6166.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Back