• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arrived today (1 Viewer)

barnetbirds

Hi All
Just bought secondhand an Opticron ES 80 GA ED with a 20x 60x zoom and a waterproof stay on case. Also a velbon tripod with a hide clamp.
Been testing it by looking over the local park (from the house) and using the tripod. Been reading up on BF about lens so I need help in choosing a 'fixed' eyepiece. Basically which one?? I will going to local reserves and also places like Cley and Titchwell up in Norfolk.
Thanks for advice/help.
Terry

Hi Terry,

I used to use Opticron 40810 and 40809 e/ps. 23x and 32X. A good combination. I mostly used the 23x except for distant waders when the 32x came out.

When I used to have a zoom, there always seemed to be too much heat haze etc to make it much use over about 35x.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back