• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eastern La Mancha wetlands (1 Viewer)

Hi Fernando

Thank you so much for all the hard work you have done with these articles.

I've just made a couple of ver minor grammatical changes. I also added a template to search the Gallery for images. It has found a few, perhaps you can tell me if it is the right place?

I've also added a link for a Googlemap. I based it on the main town you mentioned in the article. This can be changed if you wish.

Could you do a map link for the other articles? And perhaps also do a Gallery Search for the other articles as well. Just copy and paste the one I did, then change the wording to suit.

All we need now are some views of the landscape or habitat, to make the articles look pretty.;)

Many thanks again. I'll read over the other pages shortly.

And perhaps also do a Gallery Search for the other articles as well

Hi, Delia. I've already managed to insert a Gallery Search and a Google maps reference for each one of the wetlands, as you suggested

About the general "Eastern La Mancha Wetlands" topic, I wonder if it is possible to include two or more keywords to search with the command GSearch for a relevant Gallery Search. For example: is it possible to search for Manjavacas OR Alcazar OR Pedro Muñoz? In this way we'll be able to get photos related with the topic covered

I have tried in a couple of ways but without success.

If not, we are getting wrong info, as "La Mancha" is a very big region and most of the photos tagged do not belong to these particular group of wetlands. The other option is leaving the Gallery Search just in the particular wetland entry: Manjavacas, Alcázar, etc (as already is), and forget about it in the more "general" entry.

Fernando

Last edited:
Greetings from a trying-to-be-sunny Scotland Fernando!

If the GSearch link I used does not pick up any of the correct pictures, you are probably correct in thinking it might be better not to have it on that article. The search picks up words, and part-words from anywhere in the picture description and photo details.

Generally we user + (La+Mancha for example) to link words, but where this doesn't work too well, I would use La_Mancha! There could be many places world wide with "La" in the name.

If that GSearch does pick up some it could be possible to put an explanatory note above the search template?

I don't think it is possible to use OR in the search parameter, but even if it was, it would probably give us the same problem as the world-wide one above?

There is also a Video search which would be placed below the Gallery search

<br />
{{Video|La_Mancha}}

However, there is no video for La Mancha (nor Eastern La Mancha), and I tried it on the Lagunas de Alcazar article, but no-one has yet added one for that place (I haven't looked at the other articles so far). If a video is found, add [[Category:Videos]] at the bottom. (You can see how that looks from this article: Abberton Reservoir.). We don't use this one unless a video is available in BFTV.

Very well done adding pictures - I do like the human habitat one!!:-O

Back to La Mancha: I wonder if the "Sites Covered" sections should be in "Areas of Interest"? If you don't think so, and don't plan to use that section, the heading can be deleted. The same would go fo History and Use and maybe Contact... I don't know if there's a telephone number of email address for visitors to get up to date information prior to a visit?

Enough!!! I've other stuff to do LOL.

Thanks again Fernando.

The only way I know to do "or" is to have more than one GSearch entry. It is not very elegant, but can be necessary in a few cases

Niels

You've done (are doing) an excellent job Fernando and I see you've even managed to do a Red-direct as well!

That last could have been done with a "Move", but I'm not sure if that is only available to Opus Editors? (If you're interested in becoming an Opus Editor please let me know).

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back