• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon M7 8x42 vs. Zeiss Victory FL* 8x42 (1 Viewer)

I would read the Allbino's review on both of them. The Zeiss is ranked 3rd and the Nikon is ranked 14th. I have had both but never at the same time so I wouldn't trust relying on my memory. The Zeiss is an alpha binocular , whereas, the Nikon is a very good mid-priced binocular. Almost always in optics you get what you pay for so I would wager the Zeiss will outperform the Nikon for most people but it is best to try both binoculars yourself if you can because there can be little things like how long the eye cups are and how deep your eye sockets are that might make one of the binoculars work better for you personally. The Zeiss is going to have things like better glass and better coatings and probably a better build quality and it should at twice the price.

https://www.allbinos.com/allbinos_ranking-binoculars_ranking-8x42.html

I had used the Monarch 5 10x42 then upgraded to the Zeiss HT 10x42. I had heard some people use the expression "wow factor" describing alpha bins, and I truly had an audible "wow" when I first used the HT. I've looked through Monarch 7s and while they are better than the 5, it's not the same magnitude of improvement as the Zeiss HT.

So, you would need to extrapolate a bit to 8x and to the FL instead of the HT, but I would expect it's a noticable and significant improvement. I've never used the FLs, so I cannot really speak to the HT vs FL difference.

If you can get the HT's in 8x42, I really love them in 10x42. I bought them 2nd hand and there was a little wiggle in the focuser. I sent them in to Zeiss, who repaired them no charge and they came back like new.

Marc

Hello,
Someone has been able to compare the Nikon Monarch 7 8x42 with the Zeiss Victory Fl * 8x42 model
Thanks in advance.
Wachi

IMO, these two aren't worthy of a comparison. These two are competing for a COMPLETELY different market here, a $400 binocular vs. a $2000 binocular. There is no battle the Monarch 7 will win here other than a soft, larger FOV, lower price, and weight/size.

I would be asking what binocular provided the best performance at a price point of $1,000 and comparing the Zeiss Conquest to the Vortex Razor HD, Nikon Monarch HG, Leica Trinovid, and other 8x42 binos in that price range. When I was looking for 8x42's at around $1,000 my choice was the Vortex Razor HD and I am still very satisfied with my decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back