• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zeiss carrying case (1 Viewer)

swamp_rattler

hello. i have the zeiss 85 w/zoom eyepiece, and have noticed the carrying case is designed to fit just the diascope itself, without eyepiece attached. it would be more helpful with me if it could fit the whole diascope w/eyepiece...anyone know of a scope carrying case that's slightly bigger?

Creedmoor at <www.creedmoorsports.com>; click on <Scopes and Stands>; then <Accessories> make a padded, tripod-ready spotting scope cover that fits the 85 T* FL, including the eyepiece, for $35. (USD).

When ordering, ask them to add the -- no-charge -- carrying handles (matching nylon loops) that make the scope easier to handle.

Mike Penfold

Bill, which model/size did you order, if you don't mind my asking? I've got the 85mm Zeiss T*FL angled and, since Creedmoor doesn't list Zeiss as a model (only Swaro, Kowa and "other"), wasn't sure which would be the best fit. Thanks!

<Other 18" Angled>

Creedmoor staff wanted the make/model of the scope when I ordered the cover by telephone.

If you're using a quick-release tripod head, like the Manfrotto 128RC/Bogen 3130, the added handles on a scope cover make a big difference in securely handling the scope. You don't want to have your Zeiss scope serviced out-of warranty in Germany; the price of a repair is almost certain to provide a healthy discount on a new scope; the replacement of a sunshade on our scope took 5 months.

BTW, Manfrotto/Bogen make the #200CZ1 mounting plate, the top surface of which is mortised exactly for the foot on both the Zeiss T* FLs. When used with the brass 3/8" Manfrotto/Bogen attaching screw (which requires removal of the 1/4" adapting sleeve in the Zeiss' foot), it prevents mounting plate loosening, an annoying problem with the plates supplied with the 128RC/3130 heads.

Unfortunately, the tripod handle on new-model 128RC/3130s can't be reversed for left-hand use with the #200CZ1 plate, as the front and back surfaces of the plate (which articulate with the locking cam on the head) are not symmetrical, resulting in a sloppy fit when the head is reversed. I found an older 128RC/3130 which doesn't have this problem, preferring the handle on the left side.

Mike

Last edited:
Mike...i just ordered the creedmoor case for my Zeiss 85, but Gina from Creedmoor isn't sure what the "no charge handles for the scope cover" refers to. Any way you can be more specific?

When the Creedmoor staff took my order over the phone, I asked if the case had handles, like the kind on a gym bag: 2 loops of nylon sewn at either end to form a handle. He said it was no problem to have handles added, and there was no additional charge for them.

To see what these look like on a virtually identical scope cover, go to: <www.bhphotovideo.com>; then click on <Binoculars and Scopes>; then <Spotting Scope Cases>; then <Kowa>; scroll down to "View-through Cordura Case ..."; then click on <More Info>.

swamp_rattler said:
hello. i have the zeiss 85 w/zoom eyepiece, and have noticed the carrying case is designed to fit just the diascope itself, without eyepiece attached. it would be more helpful with me if it could fit the whole diascope w/eyepiece...anyone know of a scope carrying case that's slightly bigger?

Hi Swamp Rattler,
I have a Carl Zeiss diascope 85 (angled) with a 20-60 zoom eyepeice and a Carl Zeiss carrying case. The case fits the scope with the eyepeice attached. I keep it in the case all the time. The Carl Zeiss quick photo adaptor also fits with the case on. In the UK the cover cost £85. I bought mine from Warehouse Express.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back