• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Durham UK - can someone supply an owl box? (1 Viewer)

kim cooper

ted hill
owl boxes

hi , new member but logged in under my daughters name.... dont ask am crap with this IT business. Got permission to study a private wood where I first saw a LEO about 35 years ago, but farmer asked if I could get him a owl breeding box for his barn, can you help, cheers ted..

Hi, Ted! A warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

Can't help with your question, but I know someone will be along shortly who can. :t:

kim cooper said:
hi................. Got permission to study a private wood where I first saw a LEO about 35 years ago, but farmer asked if I could get him a owl breeding box for his barn, can you help, cheers ted..

Hi Ted
A very warm Welcome to BF.
Nice to see another owl fan on the boards ;-)

Yes, im sure we can sort you out with a Barn Owl box (or 2), nice to see the farmer is keen to accomodate them.

We are putting up some boxes tomorrow, & have quite a few others to sort out for DBC members. I'll send you a private message with my contact details so we can talk on phone.

Is the LEO site still occupied after the 35 years ?

SteveE

Leo on nest - picture taken last year by IanF.

Attachments

• DBCMembershipForm.doc
    52 KB · Views: 78
  • DBC logo.jpg
    DBC logo.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 90
  • LEONESTAPRIL05B.jpg
    LEONESTAPRIL05B.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back