• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sand Martin/House Martin? Rock Pipit? SW Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi,
the Martin is either a House or Sand, Probably House Martin but I'm not sure if the weak band is just artifact.
is the second bird a Rock Pipit?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0816.JPG
    DSC_0816.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC_1073.JPG
    DSC_1073.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 204
Thanks all,
I was hoping to see Sand Martins aswell this trip but no luck, not even at the Sand Martin wall at RSPB Radipole. The Rock Pipit is a first so thats good news.

Not sure where you are in Cornwall, but large number of Sand Martins nest at Kennack Sands on the Lizzard, near Kuggar, large sandy cliff, huge numbers there a couple of years ago, you don`t need bins they fly inches over your head !

Not sure where you are in Cornwall, but large number of Sand Martins nest at Kennack Sands on the Lizzard, near Kuggar, large sandy cliff, huge numbers there a couple of years ago, you don`t need bins they fly inches over your head !

Thanks Torview,
I'm back in Germany now so I'll have to wait till next time. I'll make a note of Kennack Sands though!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back