• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapters (1 Viewer)

katholdbird

Hi All I am seriously thinking of getting a Sony A9 mirrorless camera, as all my gear is Canon and would still like to use Canon lens has anyone used the metabone adapter. I seem to remember being told the if you use the adapter you lose focal length I.e a 500 becomes a 350 lens I can’t find anything about this on the net and as I am a bird photographer I would be gutted to lose any distance.

I don't think that is the case but I have read that AF will be slower.

If you have lenses such as a 500 then do plenty of research and try out the gear before you decide.

Hi All I am seriously thinking of getting a Sony A9 mirrorless camera, as all my gear is Canon and would still like to use Canon lens has anyone used the metabone adapter. I seem to remember being told the if you use the adapter you lose focal length I.e a 500 becomes a 350 lens I can’t find anything about this on the net and as I am a bird photographer I would be gutted to lose any distance.

From what i understand you have a choice between two adapter types, one reduces FL the other doesn't.

I bought the Meta bones EF to M4/3 it worked ok on static with s-af with short 85mm lens but C-AF was to slow and hit and miss, with my 400 DO MKII C-AF was not good enough for anything that moved .

so Really do your research as MB are not cheap.

Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back