• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small gray bird description, Michigan, USA (1 Viewer)

Daddylion

The Daddy Lion
Slightly smaller than a robin, dark gray above, light gray below,
and no markings whatsoever. I'm completely stumped. I didn't see this bird, but someone gave me the desciption of it at Easter. I showed her a junco outside, thinking that was it, but she said the bird was bigger, and it wasn't white below and the gray above was just gray. Not bluish-gray or brownish-gray. There were two of them. She said she was sure of the description, she got a very good and long look at it. I was thinking possibly catbird or kingbird, but she said no to both. She's been watching birds in here yard for a long time but she's never seen this bird before.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Catbird was the first thing that came to my mind, but you say she already vetoed it.

Female Cowbird is a possibility, although it is more brown than gray.

We went to the zoo yesterday and saw a wild catbird in a bush... she said that was it! The one in her field guide looked slightly different. So that's that, thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back