• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unsuspecting (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
I played with the colors a bit, but essentially the same. An unsuspecting Female Lemon-rumped Tanager has no idea that the Blue-gray Tanager is about to spook it!.. This was taken in the Mindo Valley area of Ecuador in Feb of 2010.

Attachments

• Female Lemon Rumped Tanager and Blue Gray Tanager.jpg
    Female Lemon Rumped Tanager and Blue Gray Tanager.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 49
Cool Shot! I see you are using the fruit. When I saw your photo it reminded me to get my oranges and rush out the door. I was thinking later in the month but since your photo I'm not taking any chances. :)

Nice find seeing both Tanagers at once plus getting the photo.

Hey D...yes, you were the one that told me to use oranges etc.... In Ecuador, in many places they entice birds with bananas etc.... A good photo shot of up close birds but it is also nice to get them away from the fruit in a more natural setting too.... But this one was just a shot at the right time obviously. How is birding in your parts? Coming alive yet?

Birding here..well winding down on Winter birding..had a great season for Ducks. Saw my first chipping sparrow the other day. Just waiting for the Spring birds to arrive now so not too much excitement. I walked the pastures today looking for any newbies but nothing. April I should start seeing more. Looks like your Spring birding is off to a good start. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back