• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Youtube video on Zeiss Quality. (1 Viewer)

Gotta love the subtitles:

"The squirrel beats the Leica, and by a quarter mile, disease"
"Why buy sighs"

Seems slightly biased; experts Leica Leica and rarely sigh at disease.
3:)

Gotta love the subtitles:

"The squirrel beats the Leica, and by a quarter mile, disease"
"Why buy sighs"

Seems slightly biased; experts Leica Leica and rarely sigh at disease.
3:)
His comparisons of the binoculars visually are pretty good because you can see some of the differences he is discussing.

He said a few things in those videos Dennis linked that raised my eyebrows a bit.

Then I watched this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YswFoOBeTw4&t=402s
and concluded he doesn't know what he's doing.

Specifically:
His comparison of his unaided vision and through the binoculars, and "not needing" the bins. ??
The "nice wide pupil", as though it is different from any other 8x42 bin.
The field being just too wide and "getting lost".
His "feeling" that the rubber covering will somehow fail though he cites no specifics.
He tends to obsess about focus wheels generally, and doesn't like the HG's, but my experience is that they are just excellent.

There's more but...

Thanks anyway Dennis.

Last edited:
I enjoy this guy.....visual....shows you via the bins (although thru an eye-phone) but you get a solid idea of what he is talking about.

I enjoy this guy.....visual....shows you via the bins (although thru an eye-phone) but you get a solid idea of what he is talking about.
Actually, when you think about it the way he viewed each binocular through the phone is much better than trying to describe what you see. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. That should be the way more reviewers should do it. It lets you decide with your own eyes which binocular you prefer.

I wouldn't swap my Zeiss SF 10x42 for any of the Swarovski range. Neither would I swap my Swarovski 95mm 'scope for any other 'scope!

Just looked at as much as I could take of the videos. Come on folks, this guy is a complete incompetent. He has no idea what he is talking about and his off the cuff methods (especially the iPhone videos) are useless.

No one that owns a Zeiss post FL model (HT and SF) likes the guy, it is the same reason I never kept the HT or SF. I am not the only person who has issue with the build quality.

No one that owns a Zeiss post FL model (HT and SF) likes the guy, it is the same reason I never kept the HT or SF. I am not the only person who has issue with the build quality.

Kept my HT since 2013..... I know he didn't like the copy he had, but he sure liked the binocular before he looked down the tube. I like his honesty.

Ht

Just looked at as much as I could take of the videos. Come on folks, this guy is a complete incompetent. He has no idea what he is talking about and his off the cuff methods (especially the iPhone videos) are useless.

Henry,

Why don't you email him or make a video explaining why he is so incompetent. Heck he is making $$$ from the video, which as far as I know no one here makes a living on the glass, save Jan.

Indeed.
Can we get back to our regularly scheduled programming?

"What is the regular scheduled programming?"
It’s a takeoff from television, as when a program is interrupted for a news bulletin and when it’s over the words “now back to our regularly scheduled program” are often stated.
As has been said before, if you have to explain it’s not funny

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back