• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

canon 20d with sigma 600mm mirror lens (1 Viewer)

bazzybabes

Already possessing a sigma 600mm mirror lens with canon fitting, a sigma wide angle lens and canon 35-135mm zoom lens, I decided to go the whole hog and have purchased a 20d.

Could someone please help me to take pics with the mirror lens? I understand it is not auto focus but that is all I know. It doesn't appear to respond to automatic exposure either.

I would really like to get to grips with this lens and be able to photograph the many feathered visitors to my garden.

Thanks in anticipation, Baz.

Last edited:
You should be able to put the camera in the P mode and have it work.. My 300d works fine in P, A mode. The aperture says 00 but it meters fine. It sets the speed fine. I use a couple of manual lens and they all work the same. I have used a 10d with manual lens also- including my Celestron c90 1000mm f/11 and a Meade ext.

dcbeattie said:
You should be able to put the camera in the P mode and have it work.. My 300d works fine in P, A mode. The aperture says 00 but it meters fine. It sets the speed fine. I use a couple of manual lens and they all work the same. I have used a 10d with manual lens also- including my Celestron c90 1000mm f/11 and a Meade ext.

@dcbeattie

thanks for your reply, it does work - perhaps I should have spent less on my camera and a few pounds on instructions, but we'll see - thanks again for your valued assistance ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back