• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please Help* How do I use Bino's and shoulder harness WITH occular covers* (1 Viewer)

308CAL

I no longer want to use the neck strap but the occular(eyepiece) covers on my swarovski SLC wont attach to the shoulder harness. Should I get some string and tie them to it? There has got to be a better way....

I dont want to not use the eyepiece covers...

Cut the neck strap on each side just beyond where the lens covers are most conveniently attched and staple, tie, sew, super-glue, make a loop, or otherwise leave the covers attached to bins by strap ends???? Sounds confusing huh?

Ahh, sorry, you have to attach harness to bins too. I have super-glued my lens covers, both eyepiece and objective, to the stick-on rubbery discs (which don't stay stuck, so super-glue) that come on little straps made for camera lenses and variously looped them to my straps, could be attached to harness, too?

I went to an outdoor-supply store (REI) and got a plastic "buckle"--it's D-shaped with a narrow channel inside the D that is as long as the suspender is wide. I cut the sewing of the suspender and looped the loose end through channel in the buckle, then re-sewed the suspender. Finally I connected the buckle to the rain guard with a loop of nylon fishing line. When you're using the binoculars you can slide the buckle up the suspender and the guard hangs up out of the way; the friction is just enough to keep it from slipping down. I could probably make a photo if this is confusing.

Cheers,
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back