• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scottish Government To Overturn Decision to Save SSSI (1 Viewer)

Depressing, but not surprising really given the economic situation. However, I would be surprised if work starts on the golf course anytime soon. The whole thing is being funded on the back of the construction and sale of 500 £1million houses. Who is going to buy those in the current climate?

It doesn't say in the BBC report whether or not Swinney's decision followed the recommendations of the public inquiry reporters.

Edit: Just read the official press release - apparently the inquiry did recommend approval.

Last edited:
Saw this on the news this evening - ABSOLUTELY WICKED to replace all that natural beauty for a bl**dy golf course:C:C:C

hi Penny

My feelings too with a big grr attached. :C

I moved away from Aberdeenshire at the beginning of last year, and I have visited the area where Trumps new business adventure will be and it is stunning. Why on earth would anyone want to build on it. :C

Other than the golf course what is in it for Scottish people or is it Mr Trumps private empire with 'No admittance' to the premises - Beware guard dog. It will cost a fortune to join (my OH loves golf and he knows the price of a yearly membership). How will people afford any part of it at all.

What is Mr Trump trying to get out of this so called money spinner - a bit of the UK to take home with him. Too much money and too little sense plays a large part here.

I heard the subject mentioned on tonights news but did not listen to it fully. ;)

Money talks

Saw this on the news this evening - ABSOLUTELY WICKED to replace all that natural beauty for a bl**dy golf course:C:C:C

Let's face it - if some gazillionairre came along and made the right noises about boosting the regional economy he/she could probably have Stonehenge bulldozed for some driving range or theme park.....:C

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back