• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Warranty (1 Viewer)

SuperDuty

United States
Since I made a statement on here recently about a Swarovski rep I spoke to on the phone saying that full warranty requires nothing more than a clean SN,a policy that he said was implemented very recently, I felt that I should share that the Swarovski rep I spoke to in person yesterday stated that a good warranty requires a receipt from an authorized dealer and the binocular shouldn't be sold below a minimum price. Is there a specific set of parameters for a guaranteed full warranty ? If I end up with a 10X50 SV, I would rather buy them from the proper vendor instead of saving three or four hundred dollars on eBay and have a sketchy warranty that could go away if Swarovski becomes less forgiving in the future. Is there an actual bottom line on this or is it totally speculative. To be clear, I've gotten totally different takes on the matter directly from different people at Swarovski. I'm not interested in what can be done at a repairmans discretion on a given day, but what is the letter of the law pertaining to the Swarovski warranty as of today ? I hope I haven't opened to big of a can of worms here.

Thanks
Robert

I suspect the warranty isn't tied to the price paid, the price to be sold for is an agreement between the vendor and the manufacturer, the warranty is between the manufacturer and the purchaser.

Sounds like Swaro reps fly by the seat of their pants.

Since I made a statement on here recently about a Swarovski rep I spoke to on the phone saying that full warranty requires nothing more than a clean SN,a policy that he said was implemented very recently, I felt that I should share that the Swarovski rep I spoke to in person yesterday stated that a good warranty requires a receipt from an authorized dealer and the binocular shouldn't be sold below a minimum price. Is there a specific set of parameters for a guaranteed full warranty ? If I end up with a 10X50 SV, I would rather buy them from the proper vendor instead of saving three or four hundred dollars on eBay and have a sketchy warranty that could go away if Swarovski becomes less forgiving in the future. Is there an actual bottom line on this or is it totally speculative. To be clear, I've gotten totally different takes on the matter directly from different people at Swarovski. I'm not interested in what can be done at a repairmans discretion on a given day, but what is the letter of the law pertaining to the Swarovski warranty as of today ? I hope I haven't opened to big of a can of worms here.

Thanks
Robert

Robert,

I was in the same situation 2 months ago with a possible 10x50 SV purchase from an e-bay seller. When I called SONA about their lifetime warranty transfer coverage, all he asked about was the serial number. He confirmed that it was Imported by SONA and that it was Sold by an authorized SONA American dealer (going out of business asset sale). Thus, it Was Covered with a lifetime warranty...Confirmed! I made a real good deal and the 35010's came in perfect condition...been a happy camper since!

As far as SONA explained, as long as the SN qualifies under those two specifics, re-sales by individuals have fully transferable warranties, no matter what the selling price. A "new" purchase from a retailer has many advantages. However, if you are going to purchase used, I'd get the SN and make the call yourself to SONA and verify before the transaction is made. :t:

Ted

My experience is exactly like Ted's. I bought my 10x50's off of ebay. I called Swaro USA with the serial# before I bought them, and they confirmed the warranty would transfer to me no problem. I've never needed a receipt of any kind necessary to register a preowned Swaro, and I've had 5 different pair.

My experience is exactly like Ted's. I bought my 10x50's off of ebay. I called Swaro USA with the serial# before I bought them, and they confirmed the warranty would transfer to me no problem. I've never needed a receipt of any kind necessary to register a preowned Swaro, and I've had 5 different pair.

My bro inlaws older EL's have been back for repair 3 or 4 times (lead a rough life) and he has never needed a receipt. Every time they come back good as new.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back