• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Live from the canopy tower (1 Viewer)

Iceberg slim

Fly by night
United Kingdom
Hi all
finally got here,after diversion to costa rica,heat and humidity unbearable.
the birding is superb,hummers toucans trogons motmots,to many birds with Ant in the name.
the Tower is amazing,with un beatable views of the rainforests unique Fauna.
will post soon.
Martin

Wow that sounds amazing, where exactly are you? I've kinda always wanted to stay up in the tree canopy- maybe one day... hope the howler monkeys don't wake you too early!

Stewart J. said:
Where exactly were you Martin? We are thinking about Costa Rica in 2006/7

Stewart

Hi
The canopy tower is situated on top of a hill,in the middle of the rain forest,about a 40 min drive from Panama city.
The birding is unreal,the Guides phenomonally quick to get the birds,lots of mammals,frogs,butterflies...Oh and a juv Fer de lance.
Accomodation is superb as well.

Martin

hummerman said:
Stewart J. said:
Where exactly were you Martin? We are thinking about Costa Rica in 2006/7

Stewart

Hi
The canopy tower is situated on top of a hill,in the middle of the rain forest,about a 40 min drive from Panama city.
The birding is unreal,the Guides phenomonally quick to get the birds,lots of mammals,frogs,butterflies...Oh and a juv Fer de lance.
Accomodation is superb as well.

Martin

Thanks Martin sounds wonderful

Stewart

Hi Hummer

sounds like you had a great time and i do hope to see for myself one day, until then though, howabout a few highlights...?

hope that fer-de-lance wasn't up in the tower with you!!!

Tim

Tim Allwood said:
Hi Hummer

sounds like you had a great time and i do hope to see for myself one day, until then though, howabout a few highlights...?

hope that fer-de-lance wasn't up in the tower with you!!!

Tim

Cheers Tim,will post some photes on this gallery and surfbirds when sorted them out,the trip just re-affirmed my love of Neo-tropical birding.
Also a young (orni)-star of the future,from Cornell uni,nearly had the closest of encounters with the juv f.D.L...but we still managed to get a closish photo.

Martin

Fdl

hummerman said:
Cheers Tim,will post some photes on this gallery and surfbirds when sorted them out,the trip just re-affirmed my love of Neo-tropical birding.
Also a young (orni)-star of the future,from Cornell uni,nearly had the closest of encounters with the juv f.D.L...but we still managed to get a closish photo.

Martin
Hi Martin,

Last year when I visited the Canopy Tower one morning for breakfast and a guided walk, we (Alexis and I) found a Fer-de-lance sleeping on a rock right next to Plantation Road! On the way back, it was gone. When we got back to the Tower, another guide (Carlos I think) told me about the time he got bitten: 1 month in the hospital!!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Check out my gallery for some Panamanian birds that you probably saw too.

Regards,
Cedric

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back