• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Migration Atlas: Movements of the Birds of Britain and Ireland (1 Viewer)

solentbirder

Has anyone got this book (ISBN: 0713665149) ?
Any comments about it, positive or negative ?
I'm thinking of adding it to my christmas list.
Many thanks
John

solentbirder said:
Has anyone got this book (ISBN: 0713665149) ?
Any comments about it, positive or negative ?
I'm thinking of adding it to my christmas list.
Many thanks
John
I don't own it but borrowed it from local library for nearly six months. Had to give it back in the end as somebody else wanted to read it. I have now got it on my list for next purchase. Not a book to sit and read from cover to cover but rather to dip into. Loads of fascinating species articles using data from ringing etc.

Keith Dickinson said:
I don't own it but borrowed it from local library for nearly six months. Had to give it back in the end as somebody else wanted to read it. I have now got it on my list for next purchase. Not a book to sit and read from cover to cover but rather to dip into. Loads of fascinating species articles using data from ringing etc.

Thanks very much Keith. I only got to browse it for a few minutes in a bookshop one time, so I wanted to hear from someone who's had the time to really use it. Sounds like the sort of thing I'm looking for.
Cheers
John

I like it too - a very useful reference book to dip into.

My one reservation is the size and weight - too heavy to comfortably read for long with it on your lap!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back